Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the VW MK7 Jetta GLI:
- Proudly engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE
- Max gains of 11 hp and 11 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Available as sophisticated Touring Edition or more unleashed Track Edition
- Touring Edition features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling 180 Technology®
- Track Edition available as resonated or non-resonated
- Handcrafted from 3” and 2.5” CNC mandrel-bent U.S.-sourced T304L stainless steel with a .065” wall thickness
- 32.5 lb (Track Edition), 25.5 lb (Resonated Track Edition), and 14.5 lb (Touring Edition) weight savings over stock
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- 102mm double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- Lifetime warranty (one year one tip finishes)
Non-Resonated Track Edition Exhaust
A 3” and 2.5” T304L stainless steel configuration designed perfectly for the GLI’s factory downpipe. With zero filter, the Non-Resonated Track Edition is the perfect configuration for owners looking to add personality to their GLI while freeing up power and torque.
Note: The Track Edition was designed for the stock downpipe. If you already have or plan to install a downpipe, we recommend the Touring Edition for a drone-free experience.
Resonated Track Edition Exhaust
The Resonated Track Edition retains the same precision engineering of the Track Edition, with the addition of a resonated mid section right before the rear axle. This version is intended for those looking for a more sophisticated soundtrack with their factory downpipe, or for others who have an aftermarket downpipe that are looking for the “middle ground” on the volume scale.
Note: The Resonated Track Edition is fit for both factory and aftermarket downpipes, but may be a bit rowdy for some downpipe-equipped cars. Again, for a drone-free experience, go with the Touring Edition.
Touring Edition Exhaust
At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition. Armed with patented drone-canceling 180 Technology® and a straight-through design, the Touring Edition is the perfect exhaust for GLIs equipped with an aftermarket downpipe. Under boost and heavy throttle, the Touring Edition screams. At highway speeds, drone-free and civil within the cabin. The best of both worlds, perfectly packaged for the Mk7 GLI.
Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology®
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.
As exhaust gases exit the GLI’s 2.0T engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE 180 Technology® in the tab above.
We made it easy to convert between all available configurations if you decide at a later date to turn it up or down.
All tip options include the AWE logo and double-walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.