An exhaust for the hottest of VW’s hatchbacks - with options to suit every taste, and unmatched quality, fitment, performance and tone.
- SwitchPath™ Exhaust technology offers the perfect combination of well behaved and disobedient tones, all in one system
- Available as SwitchPath™ Exhaust or the lower priced Track Edition
- Engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- 200 Cell High Flow EURO 6 compliant HJS Catalyst
- 3” CNC mandrel bent system
- Performance Downpipe available as Resonated or Non-Resonated
- Max gains of 17 hp and 23 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- Available with 90mm or 102mm double walled adjustable tips, Chrome Silver or Diamond Black
- Hand crafted from T304 stainless steel
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Tuning Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
First, let’s cover the options. We wanted to make sure that the AWE Tuning Golf R Exhaust Suite had coverage for all sound goals and price points. Regardless of selection, every AWE Tuning Golf R exhaust boasts legendary AWE Tuning sound, performance, quality and fitment.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust:
AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust Technology is a proprietary solution that utilizes valves in the exhaust to control tone and volume. Controlled by a combination of throttle input and engine speed, SwitchPath™ technology keeps the Golf R quiet and comfortable while cruising, but give it the boot and you’ll unlock an aggressive and exotic exhaust note.
The Track Edition Exhaust:
The lower priced sibling, the Track Edition Exhaust is crafted of the same quality T304 stainless, made in house, and delivers the same power gains as the SwitchPath™ Exhaust. The difference comes in the removal of AWE Tuning’s valving system. In other words, this system is the “open valves” side of the spectrum, all the time, and will be most pronounced in the mid range.
To further hone the tone and performance of your Golf R, we’re offering both resonated and non-resonated downpipes as well. Both versions feature our No Check Engine Light Guarantee, Fitment Guarantee, a unique flex-pipe section to isolate engine movement, and offer our Lifetime Warranty on the downpipe (one year on the catalyst).
- Resonated Downpipe: Slightly louder than the stock Golf R downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a sophisticated and distinguished tone. We recommend our Resonated Downpipes as the best choice for a refined presence within the Golf R cabin.
- Non-Resonated Downpipe: Removes the resonator for a more aggressive note and greater volume than the stock downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a pronounced note. AWE Tuning Non-Resonated Downpipes are only recommended for Golf R owners who like it loud, and this product cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
Valve Simulators: Why do you need them?
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust utilizes the Golf R's factory valving. But when it comes to the Track Edition, the valves are eliminated, and the ECU stores what is known as a ‘soft code’ in the system. While this code is not harmful, who wants it? Enter the AWE Tuning Electronic Valve Simulators.
These simple devices plug right into the factory harness in place of the exhaust valves, and prevent any code from ever being stored in the ECU due to the removal of the exhaust valves. Plug them in. Start it up. Drive away. That simple. Comes as a set of two.
About the AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Remote:
Push-button mood control.
- Open and close exhaust valves with the push of a button from inside the cabin at any time
- Works with stock system, or AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust
- Comes as a set of two remotes with wiring harness, control box and mounting hardware
- Compact design perfect for a keychain or cup holder
- From quiet to aggressive with the tap of a button
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
What it does:
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Remote and accompanying control box overrides the factory valving to allow the exhaust valves, whether it be on the AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust or the stock exhaust, to be opened or closed manually via the SwitchPath™ Remote.
How to operate:
With the AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Controller installed, the exhaust valves can be opened by pressing the “On” button found on the left side of the SwitchPath™ Remote. To close the exhaust valves simply press the “Off” button on the right side of the remote.
Please note, the AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Remote overrides the stock valve control, meaning the exhaust must be opened and closed with the remote as desired.