Significant effort went into developing this comprehensive performance-improving intake solution for the Supercharged 3.0 TFSI engine found in the B8 and B8.5 generation of S4 and S5. Subsequently, the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake, Audi B8/8.5 S4/S5 3.0 TFSI offers discerning enthusiasts measurable increases in horsepower and torque, more aggressive induction sound and supercharger whine, and a beautiful carbon fiber heat shield to prevent hot air from the engine bay from entering the intake.
Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested - all to ensure that the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake delivers measurable performance benefits and superb fitment. The result is an optimized open-airbox design that utilizes the factory fresh air duct inlet to channel cool outside air to the filter. This large airbox design allows for a massive 5" inlet conical air filter, free of restrictive shrouding, and channels air through a CFD-optimized 4-ply silicone inlet hose that smoothly increases air velocity to the throttle body.
Minimizing Unnecessary Filter Shrouding
034Motorsport focuses on optimizing every aspect of the intake system across a broad range of variables and compromises. A critical component of a high-flowing performance intake is the ability for air to flow around and into the filter. If the air cannot flow freely around the filter, it will be restricted from getting into it. Many aftermarket kits fit too large of a filter in an enclosure that cannot accommodate its size, thus choking the filter and reducing its overall flow. This often happens when a product is engineered for one variable at the expense of others. 034Motorsport conducted extensive tests and refined its development of the intake design to allow for maximum airflow surrounding the air filter, allowing for optimal airflow to, and through, the filter. The final result is the right size filter in the right size filter housing, creating maximum airflow and performance with OEM level filtering; the ultimate goal of any intake system. Be cautious of any intake that brags only of the air filter size, without taking into account the detrimental effects of shrouding the filter.
034Motorsport engineers first created a CFD-optimized 4-Ply silicone intake tube, which is a direct, high-performance replacement for the plastic factory accordion/sound deadening hose. Using CAD software and 3D scanning technology, 034Motorsport was able to optimize the cross-sectional area of the intake tube while being mindful of space constraints. The resulting part is a functional work of art - maximizing performance given the factory space constraints and featuring smooth transitions that ensure optimal airflow to the throttle body.
Performance Air Filter
The X34 Carbon Fiber Intake houses a high-flow conical air filter with a double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium, capable of trapping particles as small as 5 Microns. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface while ensuring superior filtration. We have tested this air filter in applications over 800HP with minimal restriction, and superior OEM quality air filtration.
While many intake kits leave the air filter unsupported and ”flopping” around, 034Motorsport engineers designed a clever air filter support that not only prevents unwanted movement but also allows compliance to accommodate engine movement under varying load conditions. An added benefit is an air shroud that doesn’t move and rub on other engine compartment components like many other designs on the market do.
Pressure Drop Improvements
Pressure Drop is the difference in ambient air pressure and the air pressure measured at the supercharger inlet across the engine's rpm range. The higher the pressure drop at any given rpm, the more restrictive the intake system is, reducing airflow.
|Intake Configuration||Chart Color||Pressure Drop|
|X34 Carbon Fiber Intake||Yellow||-0.97 psi|
|Stock Intake||White||-2.18 psi|
Dyno-Verified Wheel Horsepower & Torque Gains
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the X34 Carbon Fiber Intake provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock supercharger and ones with ported supercharger kits alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque with Stage 2+ E40, 57.75/190MM Pulley Combo
- Stock Intake: 416 WHP / 396 WTQ
- X34 Carbon Fiber Intake: 436 WHP / 416 WTQ
- Peak Crank Gains: 26 HP / 24 TQ
Product Features & Details
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- Fits Both Left and Right Hand Drive Configurations
- High-Quality Carbon Fiber Air Block-off Shield
- High-Gloss Epoxy Finish
- 4-Ply Gloss Black Silicone Intake Tube
- OEM+ Fit and Finish
- No Rubbing or Excessive Movement
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower Torque Gains
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox and Intake Tube
- Enhanced Engine Induction Sounds
- Improved Throttle Response
- Large 5" Inlet Conical Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Reduced Intake Air Temperature
- Securely Installs Using Factory Mounting Grommets
- Simple, Straightforward Installation Instructions
- X34 Carbon Fiber Heat Shield
- X34 5" Inlet Silicone Hose
- X34 5" Double-Layered Cotton Pleated Filter
- X34 Secondary Air Injector Hose
- Metal Mounting Bracket for Intake Hose
- This product is sold for racing use as well as use on vehicles not registered for on highway use.
- By purchasing this product, you understand that this product is sold for racing use as well as used on vehicles not registered for on highway use, and that it is not legal for use on highway or street vehicles.